2018 Partner Conference
Join Community Groups
San Francisco for the First Annual
Open for Registration & Breakfast at 8:30
(Fiscally Sponsored Partners of the Parks Alliance must send at least one representative)
Join us for a day of networking and sharing best practices! Come together with city staff, landscape architects, event planners and experts to make your community’s unique vision a reality.
Registration includes Breakfast, Lunch, Training Sessions and Conference Materials.
Fiscally Sponsored Partners of the Parks Alliance receive two free registrations (additional registrations are $25). Scholarships for registration costs are available upon request. Contact Amanda Montez for more information.
Get inspired by our speakers, including:
- Lanita Henriquez, Director, Community Challenge Grant Program
- Danny Harris, San Jose Program Director for the Knight Foundation
- Toks Ajike, Acting Director of Planning & Capital Management, San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department
- More speakers to come!
Featured panels include:
- SFPA 101: Policies and Procedures for Success: In-depth overview of policies and procedures for Partners, including fiscal sponsorship guidelines. After presentation, partners will break into groups for Q&A with Area Managers and staff.
- Leveraging City Funds to Transform your Community: Did you know that nearly all Public Agencies in San Francisco provide funding to community projects? Learn more about these opportunities from the funders themselves.
- The ABCs of Urban Planting and Landscape Planning: Creating or renovating an open space can be a major undertaking. Who do you go to first? What do you plant? Demystify landscaping processes and learn what experts can bring to the table for your project.
- Institutional Giving 101: What to Expect and How to Deliver: Working with multi-faceted foundations to accomplish your goals can be exciting, but it can also be intimidating. We’ll hear firsthand from giving officers about their programs, how they manage grant processes and what they hope to see from communities where they invest.
- Building your Group: Community Building & Engagement: Making lasting change requires building a lasting coalition. Learn best practices from experts on how to run a community meeting, build a group, and get & keep volunteers. Our diverse communities and reflective coalitions are one of our our greatest strengths as San Franciscans!
- Plugging into Placemaking Programs: Placemaking is an evolving field of practice that intentionally leverages the power of the arts, culture and creativity to serve a community's interest while driving a broader agenda for change, growth and transformation in a way that also builds character and quality of place. Learn about San Francisco’s creative Placemaking from those who are reimagining our public spaces.